KNOC out DiabetesTM is an 8 week program accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). This program focuses on diabetes self-management to include nutrition, counseling and eye health. During the course of the program our educators cover 7 self-care behaviors: Healthy Eating, Being Active, Monitoring, Taking Medication, Problem Solving, Reducing Risks and Healthy Coping.
The unique curriculum is delivered either in-person, 1x per week for 1 hour or via webinar. Participants get the benefit of joining a group for fun and interactive sessions, while receiving individual care plans.
The overall goal of KNOC out Diabetes is for participants to manage their diabetes daily, increase their physical activity, and reach their weight goals.
Advantage Vision Center and its team of professionals will increase the health literacy and empowerment of people with diabetes in your patient base by:
- Offering a easy to understand approach to diabetes self-management that has proven results
- Culturally sensitive and inclusive
- Creating a support group amongst participants
- Providing interactive and hands-on learning
- Working with providers to improve quality of care
Refer your patients to our team of diabetes educators as we work together to KNOC out Diabetes!!